Resume and Contact
Job Goal: To work as a full-time, in-house graphic designer.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Website Development
- Windows OS
- Mac OS X
Relevant Personal Skills
- Organization – Regularly track and manage project tasks with little to no managerial oversight.
- Time Management – I regularly juggle multiple projects both work and personal without missing deadlines.
- Communication – I am clear and concise and ask questions if I’m unsure of the specifics of a project.
Job History – Current
Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. – Senior Graphic Designer
April 2016 – Current
I currently work as an in-house graphic designer. I am responsible for their OCZ Brand online banner advertisements, product logos and packaging, ads, promotional items, as well as any and all trade show graphics. I also provide support the with the layout of all white papers, case studies, technical sales and solution briefs documentation for the company.
Tremor Action Network – Contract Graphic Designer
September 2005 – Current
Phone: 925.462.0111 or 510.681.6565
I designed the logo and layout of Spikes & Spasms, Tremor Action Network’s quarterly online newsletter designed for people with movement disorders. I am responsible for putting each issue together after the articles have been written.
Spikes and Spasms Past Issues: http://www.tremoraction.org/newsletter.php
Job History – Past
OCZ Storage Solutions – Senior Graphic Designer
October 2006 – April 2016
I worked as an in-house graphic designer responsible for their online banner advertisements, product logos and packaging, ads, promotional items, as well as any and all trade show graphics. I also provided support the with the layout of all white papers, case studies, technical sales and solution briefs documentation for the company.
Paper and Ink Printing – Contract Graphic and Web Designer & Manager
December 2004 – October 2006
I was responsible for designing business cards, postcards, flyers and logos for customers and maintaining the company websites. Since my employer was often out of the office on sales calls I also took care of any customer service such as price quotes, answering phones, processing payments and helping walk-in customers.
Jaybert International – In-House Graphic Designer
August 2004 – December 2004
I was responsible for the Jaybert International identity and any web and/or graphic design work needed for Jaybert projects until the company went under.
California State University Hayward (CSU East Bay as of Jan ’05)
September 2000 – June 2004
Bachelor of Arts: Multimedia and Digital Graphics
- 3.990 CSUH Cumulative GPA
- Presidential Scholars Program of CSUH (Fall 2000 – Spring 2004)
- National Merit Sponsor Scholarship from Dillingham Construction (Fall 2000 – Spring 2004)
- Deans List (Fall 2000 – Spring 2004)
- Graduated with Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- 2004 CSUH Annual Juried Student Exhibition participant
- 2004 CSUH Annual Juried Student Exhibition “Mix Media” award winner for “Silent Hill OST Redesigned”
References available upon request.
wcchavis AT gmail DOT com