In this tenth episode me, my sister Sarah and my two friends discuss our trips to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. Needless to say there are spoilers on what you can expect in the mazes there. If you want to be surprised for your trip don’t listen.
Another Silent Hill Revelation poster has been revealed, this time featuring both Heather and Pyramid Head. I’m glad the actual star of the movie is finally a one of the posters! I definitely like this one the most out of all the US poster released so far. What do you guys think?
Fearnet.com got an exclusive new image of a nurse! It looks like it’s another character poster varient. I wonder if this means we can expect as many character posters like we got with the first film?
This Silent Hill Revelation Italian poster is so awesome looking with ALL the main players. It really reminds me of the posters by Drew Struzan! I really wish we had something like this in America!
Crave Online has an exclusive 33 sec Silent Hill Revelation TV Spot with some new scenes for us to obsessively look for plot clues in.
So… Vincent doesn’t want Heather to go to Silent Hill? Haha not buying that! But it does seem like everyone is rather shocked she’s there…
Source (Crave Online)
Shocktillyoudrop.com got a special preview of the upcoming Silent Hill maze and it looks like there’s a lot of stuff for the fans of the series to look forward to (Spoilers if you don’t want to know what creatures to expect within the maze):
· The maze will combine elements from both the existing video games and the films, including the upcoming Silent Hill: Revelations 3D.
· Game developer Konami has been involved in the maze’s creation on an advisory level.
· (Spoiler) Red Pyramid, the Missionary, Bogeyman, Dark Alessa, the Nurses, Colin the Janitor and Robbie the Rabbit (end spoiler) all make an appearance in the maze.
· The soundtrack takes its cue from the games and because there is so much music to draw from, the soundtrack experience may be different for each attendee depending on when they visit the attraction.
· Various scents will be pumped through the maze, including the smell of blue cotton candy.
· The maze relies heavily on fog (naturally) and sound effects, including the memorable air raid siren.
· Howard Blackwood, Silent Hill’s postmaster, will greet attendees in front of the maze. Be sure to follow @HorrorNights to learn how to score cool prizes from him during HHN’s hours of operation.
Check out their full preview gallery over on their report along with their short behind the scenes video with creative director John Murdy! (there’s spoilers)
I know I’m really excited about all the game elements that will be present in the maze. In their video Murdy discussed how important sound is in creating the immersion. Every time a creature comes into a room it’s preceded by radio static, just like in the game! I was also excited to see that along with the well known movie known creatures (The Janitor, Nurses and Pyramid Head) game characters such as Silent Hill 3′s Missionaries, Robbie and even Downpour’s Howard Blackwood make appearances. The maze’s use of sounds, fog and scents also seems very cool and will really draw fans into the world of Silent Hill. I can’t wait to see this first hand!
The Silent Hill maze is open select nights September 21-October 31 in both Universal Hollywood and Orlando. See the Halloween Horror Nights website for more information.
They sure are driving home the point that this movie is in 3D…even the site has a pseudo 3D effect with Pyramid Head moving and popping out of the site’s design.
There’s not much up there right now besides a brief synopsis and the trailer but I hope a lot more things will be added in the upcoming weeks like more movie stills, downloads and news.
I’m a bit disappointed that Pyramid Head seems to be the main focus of Open Roads marketing instead of Heather or Claudia… but I guess in the end I’m not too surprised they’ve focused on him since he seems to be a big draw for many fans of the upcoming movie: