In this tenth episode me, my sister Sarah and my two friends discuss our trips to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. Needless to say there are spoilers on what you can expect in the mazes there. If you want to be surprised for your trip don’t listen.
Posted By: Whitney September 11th, 2012 | 10:24 am
Shocktillyoudrop.com got a special preview of the upcoming Silent Hill maze and it looks like there’s a lot of stuff for the fans of the series to look forward to (Spoilers if you don’t want to know what creatures to expect within the maze):
· The maze will combine elements from both the existing video games and the films, including the upcoming Silent Hill: Revelations 3D.
· Game developer Konami has been involved in the maze’s creation on an advisory level.
· (Spoiler) Red Pyramid, the Missionary, Bogeyman, Dark Alessa, the Nurses, Colin the Janitor and Robbie the Rabbit (end spoiler) all make an appearance in the maze.
· The soundtrack takes its cue from the games and because there is so much music to draw from, the soundtrack experience may be different for each attendee depending on when they visit the attraction.
· Various scents will be pumped through the maze, including the smell of blue cotton candy.
· The maze relies heavily on fog (naturally) and sound effects, including the memorable air raid siren.
· Howard Blackwood, Silent Hill’s postmaster, will greet attendees in front of the maze. Be sure to follow @HorrorNights to learn how to score cool prizes from him during HHN’s hours of operation.
Check out their full preview gallery over on their report along with their short behind the scenes video with creative director John Murdy! (there’s spoilers)
I know I’m really excited about all the game elements that will be present in the maze. In their video Murdy discussed how important sound is in creating the immersion. Every time a creature comes into a room it’s preceded by radio static, just like in the game! I was also excited to see that along with the well known movie known creatures (The Janitor, Nurses and Pyramid Head) game characters such as Silent Hill 3′s Missionaries, Robbie and even Downpour’s Howard Blackwood make appearances. The maze’s use of sounds, fog and scents also seems very cool and will really draw fans into the world of Silent Hill. I can’t wait to see this first hand!
The Silent Hill maze is open select nights September 21-October 31 in both Universal Hollywood and Orlando. See the Halloween Horror Nights website for more information.
Officially announced during the Silent Hill Revelation Panel at Comic Con 2012 a Silent Hill maze will be featured in Halloween Horror Nights at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort!
Halloween Horror Nights is a month long event held every year at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Orlando. The seasonal event will feature a series of themed creepy haunted mazes and are wildly popular. Past themes had included horror movies like Scream, The Thing, Saw, Friday The 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare On Elm Street, House of 1,000 Corpses and Hostel.
The Silent Hill attraction this year is the first time Universal has chosen a video game as the source and will be used to promote both the October releases of the upcoming Vita game, Silent Hill: Book Of Memories, as well as the movie Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
You can watch the announcement video below!
I know what I’m going to do this October! Will any of you guys be checking this out?